I just love a rollicking good tale of adventure. The kind of story that just sticks with you.
I have read a good many books, as you most certainly know, but some just remain ingrained in my mind. When I read them as a child they were exhilarating. I couldn’t wait to turn the pages to learn what happened next.
Nothing speaks to the heart like a good tale of adventure. Whether in the form of a bedtime story or a nail biting page turner that keeps you up at night, the adventure story is one genre of literature that stays with you for a lifetime. Here’s to adventure and wonder!
Enjoy my playlist of 4 Timeless Fairytale Adventures:
Story Specific Study Questions:
Little Red Riding Hood By: The Brothers Grimm
- Why do you think that Little Red Riding didn’t listen to her mother? Have you ever not listened? What happened?
- What lessons does this story teach you?
- Pretend that Little Red Riding Hood had listened to her mother and write a new story with a new ending
- The wolf in this story is given certain characteristics that make him not very trustworthy. What are they? Are there other animals from other stories that also have these traits?
- Where do wolves usually live and what do they eat?
Hansel and Gretel by: The Brothers Grimm
- What is the moral or theme of this story?
- Hansel and Gretel’s step mother wanted to get rid of them why? How do you think Hansel and Gretel felt about this?
- Hansel used bread crumbs so they could find their house? Why didn’t this work? What would you have done so you could have found your way back home?
- Write an alternate ending to this story
- Have you ever made a gingerbread house? Draw what yours would look like
- Have you ever tasted a gingerbread house? Describe what it tasted like
Tom Thumb by: The Brothers Grimm
- What was unusual about Tom Thumb?
- What lesson does this story teach us?
- Have you ever felt “different”? write about it
- If you were to write another chapter of Tom Thumb’s life what would it be?
Puss in Boots by: Charles Perrault
- What lessons does Puss in Boots teach us?
- Do you think Puss in Boots is smart? Why?
- Why does Puss in Boots want boots?
- Who is your favorite character in the story and why?
- What would be the next adventure of Puss in Boots? Write a new story about it.
- Have you ever owned a cat or known someone who has? What amazing thing have you seen a cat do? Write an adventure story about this cat