This year I have chosen the word LIBRARY as the theme for my annual Be-a-Famous Writer contest. One because I love libraries, but two because I thought it provided endless possibilities to write about. Libraries provide so many resources to us. So I thought I’d create a list of things that might be helpful to all the amazing teacher/Librarians I know!
- Here is a great website about just how School Libraries Transform Learning.
- How about a free toolbox to help you transform your own school library? The TYSL Toolbox from Mackin is continually updated with Tools, Tips and “Recipes” to assist teachers with their library’s transformation.
- I am honored to have my website be recognized by the American Library Association, so when you use my site in your classroom you know it’s already been pre-approved by librarians!
- Shannon McClintock Miller has created a Google Document for all of the celebrations and reading promotions that happen throughout the year that can by used in your school library!
- For parents here are some Tips for building your child's home library.
My judges for the writing contest this year are pretty much experts in the word Library. Imagine how cool it will be if your classroom is the winner or runner up to have comments on your story from master storyteller and library afficiando Chris Grabenstein ? His books could provide some fun ideas for students to spring board off of in their own writing.
- How about playing the Library Olympics? Students might be inspired having just seen the summer games.
- My writing contest sponsors will be filling your classroom with books in every format if you win. They are expects in their field and no how to fill a library, Believe me! You've all heard of Mackin Educational Resources, Cantata Learning, Tales2GO, Capstone Publishing, and Powell's Books! Learn all the details about my annual writing contest! And how you can build your own school library from these amazing sponsors if you are a winner!!